Pages

Monday 31 October 2011

Optimism and positive thinking ...

Hi folks!

Well I'm gearing myself up for NaNoWriMo now, less than 12hrs to go, eek!  I've got a story outlined, I know roughly who the characters are and what the ending is going to be.  Once I sat down and started making notes I found the story really took on a life of its on.  I'm not quite sure exactly how it's going to begin but I'm hopeful that once I sit down to it tomorrow the words will come poring out.  What can I say, I'm an optimist!  It's an average of 1667 words a day to reach the magic total so I'll keep you updated as I go.

Another hurdle overcome this week was that I actually submitted a short story for a competition yesterday.  It was a ghost story for the Fiction Garden competition, and although I'm not holding my breath for any kind of result it's a personal achievement for me that I actually managed to submit something.  Now I've got the first one out of the way the process should become easier.  Again, ever the optimist.

I'm really making progress as well with planning my writing now, I have a few different things I'm trying to juggle and find that list making is invaluable.  I just have to make sure I keep them altogether so I don't forget anything!

Until next time,

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment