Pages

Friday 9 May 2014

Last day celebrations!!!

Friday Celebrations 

It's Friday, and the A-Z Challenge is over which means normal blogging duties will slowly be getting back to normal.
So it's time to celebrate something today with VikLit at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author and all the lovelies currently on her linky list.

It can be anything you like, as small or significant as you fancy. Everything counts, and it all helps to spread the joy of whatever we've all been up to.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Today I'm celebrating it being my last day at work, yippee!

In three weeks time my new baby is due, and I'm not sure how I've lasted this long to be honest. I'm tired a lot and I just ache everywhere! I don't know if they're hangovers from my daughter, but I'm sure it's all a lot more uncomfortable than the last time.

I have two weeks to myself now when little one's at school so, providing this one doesn't make an early appearance, I will be able to put some focus into some actual writing time. I can't remember the last time I got to do that.

I'm just excited to be able to live the life of a writer (whatever that means anyway) for a few months before having to go back to the boring grind of my actual job.

What are you celebrating today? Any plans for the weekend?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your impending arrival! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Babies are such a fun wonder. I was so much more sickly with baby number two. I think it was because with the first, you can sleep whenever you want. With number two, you have number one to care for. Have fun during your time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. It's definitely been more tiring this time with looking after my daughter too, and much more sickly. I won't miss that when baby comes!

      Delete
  3. I gave birth to five daughters so I know all about the aches and pains. Congrats to you! Hope you get plenty of time to write.

    Hugs and chocolate!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly. Five daughters! Wow! I'll only have two and expect to be busy. I'm looking forward to a brief rest before the arrival.

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for your time off. I know just what you mean with the pregnancy aches and such . . . baby due in 3 weeks only? YAY! Now go write while you still can! lol :)

    Let's Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SK. I'm looking forward to getting some writing time in beforehand, and getting into a proper routine once she's here. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. I would love two weeks of writing time, I only ever get the odd day at the minute. I hope you get lots written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I'm certainly looking forward to spending some proper time on my writing. It's been so long.

      Delete
  6. So much excitement to come, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of excitement, and a very busy time ahead too!

      Delete
  7. I hope you get lots of writing done. And congrats on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Now work is out of the way I can focus on what I really want to be doing ;-)

      Delete
  8. Wow! Working upto only three weeks before the baby is due? You are one tough cookie. :) I hope it all goes smoothly. Now you can not only write but get through all the box sets of Voyager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, I don't know about tough, but maybe a bit mad! It's been nice to focus on the writing, and I've probably got through more Voyager already than I should have and it's only been two days. It's addictive though ... ;-)

      Delete