So, how are you doing with your New Years Resolutions? I've established a couple of goals for myself this year, check out my first IWSG post for 2015 to fine out what I'm up to.
Are you planning on writing more this year? Need some inspiration or, dare I say it, prompting? Well you've come to the 'write' place. Today we are kicking off our first Writer Wednesday blog hop for 2015, and if you carry on reading Leanne has all the details ...
Welcome to the Writer Wednesday Blog Hop 2015!
We've spent the last few weeks celebrating the creative authors and stories that came through last year's prompts, and we're inviting you to join us again or for the first time to a fresh new year of prompts and stories.
Writer Wednesday Blog Hop (WWBH) is a weekly writing prompt created to inspire you to:
~ flex your creative muscles.
~ practice the discipline of writing compelling material within specific perimeters.
~ join a community of writers for the sake of encouragement, support, and audience growth.
"Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we're all in this together."
Your blog hop hostesses (a.k.a. the people bringing you the prompts each week) are: Tena Carr, Heather Musk, and Leanne Sype. We have a lot of fun getting to know each other and new authors as they drop in through out the year!
You don't have to qualify to join our community or even wait until a certain time. Simply check here every Wednesday for the new prompt and if your muse gets excited, channel that energy into creating a story and submit it. You're always invited! And bring a friend!
We post all the entries (as per the instructions below) for each prompt every Wednesday with the link to your blog so readers can easily hop on over to get to know you, your work, and your audience. Before we get to our first prompt of the year, how does one "do" the blog hop? (Bear with us as we post the long version):
1) You will see one of two prompts each week--either one photo with five mandatory words OR two photos to be incorporated together. Use the photo(s) and prompt to write a 500-word story; all elements of the prompt must be a feature in the brief story you create.
2) When 1 photo/5 words is the theme, the 5 words MUST be clearly referenced in your story. Variations on a word are allowed within reason (for example: adding s, ed, ing to the word to be grammatically correct); however, creating a new, unrelated, word is not okay... because it simply isn't part of the prompt.
3) We ask that you keep your story to approximately 500 words (give or take). We aren't counting but, please, no 1000-word entries.
4) PHOTOS: Photos are the property of the hostess for the week, unless otherwise mentioned. In order to honor the community-purpose of the blog hop and to avoid confusion:
~ Please Do Not share photos and/or prompt words as your own.
~ Please include the photo(s) and reference the blog hop in your post so your blog audience and the blog hop community may all be connected.
~ Please do not include extra photos into your story... Thank you so much for understanding! Let us know if you have questions on this. :)
5) Link your story through the blue frog at the bottom of the prompt by the following Tuesday (direct link to story, not your whole blog, please). If you are unable or need help, contact your hop hostess via the comments: Leanne, Heather, or Tena.
We do reserve the right to not publish your entry if your submission does not adhere to these instructions... not because we are mean, but because we want to keep this prompt fair for all participants. :)
6) Have Fun! Take your writing seriously, but let those creative juices flow! Don’t fret/panic/pass out/hyperventilate/lose sleep/run in fear over the blog hop, instead let this be an exercise in letting the imagination run wild while staying within the discipline of flash-fiction—short and compelling!
Here is your first prompt for 2015: