Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Film Challenge: #3 Troll Hunter

Troll Hunter is listed as number 3 on my Film Challenge list.  The list has been put together for me by friends who just couldn't believe the amount of films I've never seen.  For the complete list go to my Film Challenge tab.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I started watching this one.  I didn't know much about it other than the description on the cover.
The film is basically three people who are making a documentary about a guy that hunts trolls.  They think he's a bit of a crack pot until they get their first glimpse of what he's after.  The film is all from the point of view of their camera, so the cameraman himself is hardly seen. 
This aspect added a lot to the overall effect for me.  Following the movements of the camera as they were running and hiding heightened the sense of fear they were all feeling and put the viewer very much in their shoes.
It's filmed in Norwegian and it's definitely better to watch with subtitles rather than dubbing.  It doesn't detract from following the action at all.
There are a few moments of humour mixed in with the action, although I'm not sure just how intentional they are.  
Overall I was pleasantly surprised at just how much I enjoyed this film.  It only lasts for 1hr 40 too so it doesn't drag.  I would definitely recommend it as something to watch.

Rating - 4/5 

2 comments:

  1. I've been curious about this one since it appeared on the Netflix instant watch list. Maybe I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, it's definitely worth a watch.

    ReplyDelete