I don't want to upset anyone, but it's only ten weeks until Christmas now. Can you believe that?! Already! That means there's only eleven weeks left to get those New Years resolutions sorted out, and I know how we all love to have a good list of those to work on when January comes around ;-)
If one of your resolutions is going to be writing orientated, then why not make the Writers Wednesday blog hop part of your new weekly routine. Or bi-weekly, or even monthly, we don't mind. Whatever you can fit in is fine by us, we all understand how busy and demanding the rest of our lives can be.
As a refresher, here is a little of what the blog hop is all about:
- Use the photo(s) and prompt provided to write a 500-word story; all elements of the prompt must be a feature in the brief story you create. We aren’t counting, but for the fairness of the readers please, no 1000+ word entries.
- The photo(s) must be visible in your blog post and where 1 photo/5 words is the theme, the 5 words MUST be clearly referenced in your story. Variations on a word are allowed within reason (for example: adding s, ed, ing to the word to be grammatically correct); but creating a new, unrelated, word is not. (To see an example of a “1 photo/5 word” story see Faith, Hope, Love, and Pink by one of our hostesses, Debb Stanton.)
- Photos are the property of the hostess for the week, unless otherwise mentioned. Please Do Not share photos and/or prompt words as your own.
- In order to honor the community-purpose of the blog hop, we ask that you please reference the blog hop in your post so your blog audience and the blog hop community may all be connected.
- Link your story through the blue froggy at bottom by the following Tuesday (direct link to story, not your whole blog, please).
If you have any questions or need any help don’t hesitate to contact one of the hop hosts: Leanne, Debb, Tena or Heather.
And now those pesky rules are out of the way, to the fun part and the stories based on last weeks prompts!
Please head over and have a read, you won't be disappointed, and some commenting love is always appreciated :-)
Oh, the Wonders! by Debb Stanton
The Adventure by Sally Stackhouse
A Weekend Together by Tena Carr
For the prompt this week I'm going for one picture and five random words:
Gang, sunrise, breakfast, tablet, plug
Please make sure all of these components feature somewhere in your story, and don't forget to link up with the linky frog.