Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Four Short Stories for September - week 1 check-in


Morning folks, I hope the weekend has been kind to all.

I meant to write this post yesterday but I'm finding there are too many things getting in the way at the moment.  Most notably, my daughter still in her very first week of primary school and our house has just gone up for sale.  Stressful times indeed!


Anyway, besides all of that going on I did manage to make some progress for writing four short stories in September.  I found time to write a story last week of around 1500 words over four days.  If I'm honest the story isn't brilliant.  I didn't have any kind of focus on it when I started and as a result it's quite disjointed and doesn't know what it's doing.
I'm not going to worry too much about these details though, I don't expect to be writing masterpieces on the first draft.  I'll just file it away for a bit and then have a look at it later.  Much later.
This week I have become much more organised, with a plan layout for a story.  I'm writing it for a competition so I have more focus on the theme and it should come together more easily than last weeks effort.  The closing date is the end of the month so I can do the first draft this week, leave it a short while and edit ready for submission.

I'll keep you posted on how I get on with this, but so far I'm happy with my progress on this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Well done you on sitting down and getting the stories done. It is so difficult to stay motivated and to make the time to write when life is so busy (guilty as charged over here!)

    Keep it up!!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well, Heather! Best wishes on your story for the competition!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete