Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it's the WWBH swooping in again!


Hi folks! 

How is your week going so far? Mine has been a bit up and down. We've had a lot of bugs in the house over the weekend, so I feel like I've been thrown off with my daily to-do lists. I've spent the last couple of days playing catchup, but I think I'm getting there. I haven't missed a deadline just yet.


“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
Douglas Adams,
The Salmon of Doubt


Unlike Mr Adams, I'd prefer not to let the deadlines whoosh by me, I've spent far too much time letting that happen already. I want to be making progress at last!

Speaking of deadlines, we have a nice selection of stories from last weeks writing prompt, so get your flash fiction fill with these offerings:

So Thirsty  by Leanne Sype

The Old Salt Mine by Scott Taylor

Salt Lessons by Debb Stanton

The Decision by Sally 

Determined to Finish  by Tena Carr

Unwelcome Guest by Heather Musk


If these tales have whetted your appetite and enticed you to write your own story, then we'd love to read it and share it with everyone. We only have a few guidelines in place to keep it fair for everyone, which you can read in full here.

All you need to do is write a ~500 word piece of flash fiction based on the picture prompt and five random words that I'll reveal in a moment.
Link up by next Tuesday to the froggy at the bottom, and then wait until Wednesday to read what everyone else came up with and to see what new prompts are in store.

If you are new to the WWBH, please do check out the full rules and guidelines first, we'd hate to have to omit a story for something minor. 


OK, so now to the fun part, the new prompts for next week. Are you ready?




novel, socks, morals, spar, stool


 

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! Good luck dealing with the pesky bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. They've just about gone now, so I'm going to enjoy the lull before the next wave hits.

      Delete