Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

A New Year, A New Perspective!

Hi folks!

First of all I would like to wish everyone a very happy new year and I hope that Christmas was enjoyed by all!

It has been quite a few weeks since my last post for which I send my apologies.  The back end of last year saw my attentions focussed elsewhere which left no room for my creative side.
I am glad to say though that I am now back, with a renewed fire inside to get on with my writing.  This year is going to be one of positivity and achievement. 
It is the year that I will be published.  The time that I have had off work over Christmas has really given me a chance to get myself into the right frame of mind to achieve what I want to.

Awhile ago I read a blog post that gave me the gentle nudge I needed to focus my goals into smaller steps.  It is such a simple idea but a valuable one.  To take a look for yourself just follow this link - http://mirrormaskfiction.com/2011/12/02/a-look-back-retrospective-on-2011s-challenge/

My own goals for 2012:

* Write one short story every two weeks
* Submit to one writing competition each month
* Regularly write 3000 words each week

I will officially be starting work on these goals on 1st January 2012 but so far this week I have already written over 1500 words, which is definitely a good start.

I aim to update this blog each week with my word count as well as progress on my projects.  I want to use this blog as an account for myself as well as for you lovely people who give their time to follow a fellow writer.  Your support is greatly appreciated!

Until next time,

H xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment