Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

So far, so good ...


Hi folks,

So my weekly blog is a day late this week but this weekend seemed so busy. Ask me what I did though and I probably couldn't tell you. I didn't do any writing whatsoever on Saturday and that felt really quite strange.
I am really quite pleased, I managed to get up at 6am each day last week and write my morning pages before doing anything else. I've found this quite useful to gather my thoughts and get something written down.
I also managed the first draft of a story I'm hoping to submit to a competition at the end of the month. I sat down and wrote about 1500 words in one sitting. I've put it away for a few days and will start tweaking it a bit later today. It's such a good feeling to be on the way to finishing something. This is key for one of my goals for 2012. I hope I can continue it.

As for my weekly word count I have achieved:

Sunday – 1109
Monday – 2181
Tuesday – 679
Wednesday – 615
Thursday – 608
Friday – 1130
Saturday – 0

That's a total of 6322 for the week.

I have another goal to add to my list, and I hope this is not going to tip things over in terms of what I can manage. I was reading in my Writers Magazine that to write the first draft of a novel as little as 500 words a day would be enough to finish it in about 6 months. I don't know if this is a touch too ambitious but I'm going to give it a go and see how far I get. At this point in time I'm looking at my writing very much as a hobby and not putting too much pressure on myself. I'm just going to ease myself into it.

Until next time,

H xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment