Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

The sun is shining!



I need to send a very belated thank you to M J Joachim ,who very kindly passed on the Sunshine Award to me way back on 18th March. Her blog is definitely worth checking out so make sure you head on over.



March seems like such a long while ago now, but what with the A-Z Challenge I've had to wait until now to get my post in. Anyway, huge thanks again M J, and thanks for passing on the questions.

So, here goes:

  • What inspired you to start blogging?
I think I started blogging when I first started to get into writing. I didn't know anything about it when I started (actually, I still don't!) but I wanted to have somewhere that I could talk to fellow writers that were, and had been, on the same journey I was embarking on. It was slow going at first while I built some confidence but the A-Z Challenge last year was a huge boost for me and my followers. I highly recommend it for bloggers old and new.
 
  • How did you come up with the name of your blog?
When I began my blog I didn't have a clear direction that I wanted to take it in. I knew I wanted to blog about writing and reading, they are my two favourite things, but I know that other things get in the way too so the 'Everything in Between' seemed to cover the rest. There is actually another blog called 'Writing, Reading and Everything in Between' too.
 
  • What is your favorite blog to read?
That is a really tricky question to answer, I follow so many now that I'm racking my brains trying to think through them. I think I'd have to say all of them, and I know how lame that is. I get something different from all that I read, but it all helps me to focus my attention on improving my writing.
 
  • Tell us about your dream job.
It would definitely involve writing. I really want to be my own boss, making my own schedule and having just myself to answer to. I would be able to write during the day while my daughter is at school, and then spend proper quality time with her and my husband in the evenings and at weekends. I don't get to do that enough.
Plus, I can be there for her with whatever school activity she's got going on, instead of fretting about getting the time off work to do something I'd much rather be doing anyway.
  
  • Is your glass half full or half empty?
Definitely half full, I try my best to stay positive. It's all you can do really if you want to be happy.
 
  • If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go? 
I'm not too fussed where I go really, as long as I could go on my own! That may sound anti-social but I never get proper time to myself, so it would be nice to have some chill-out me time, away from the family.


  • What food can you positively not eat?
I don't think there's anything I couldn't eat. I've always been a bit of an eating-machine, or a bottomless pit as my dad liked to call me. As long as it's properly cooked and isn't off I'll eat it.
 
  • Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Definitely milk chocolate, and it has to be Galaxy. It's the best chocolate in the world.
 
  • How much time do you spend blogging?
I think I spend about an hour at least every couple of days blogging. I could easily spend more on it but I wouldn't get anything else done. I love browsing around for new blogs to visit.
  
  • Do you watch t.v. and if so, what are your favorite shows?
I don't watch much television anymore, there doesn't seem to be much choice and we don't have Sky. I love box sets though. I've just finished The Killing Season 1, and love shows like Smallville, Supernatural, Buffy, Angel. I could watch them all day (and sometimes do!).

So, there you have it! I'd like to take the opportunity here to pass on this little bit of sunshine to some other worthy bloggers:

                                               * Dani at Entertaining Interests 

                                * VikLit at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author

                                * Click at Clicks Clan


Enjoy the sun ladies! Feel free to take the *weird* sun picture and don't forget to answer the questions!

Here they are again as a quick reminder:
  • What inspired you to start blogging?
  • How did you come up with the name of your blog?
  • What is your favorite blog to read?
  • Tell us about your dream job.
  • Is your glass half full or half empty?
  • If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go?
  • What food can you positively not eat?
  • Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
  • How much time do you spend blogging?
  • Do you watch t.v. and if so, what are your favorite shows?
                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

3 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for passing the sun on to me!!! I would also love to go on a vacation by myself once just to see what it would feel like to not hear the words: mom, momma, or honey for a few days. haha
    I will post these sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for this. ^_^

    I'm looking forward to answering these on my blog. Galaxy is definitely the best chocolate around. I love their hot chocolate too, more than the chocolate bars, if that's possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is so kind of you! I will take note of these for a future post. I really appreciate that, esp in a week when I've felt a bit anyways/average. HUGS

    ReplyDelete