Pages

Monday 29 July 2013

Express Yourself - Fun in the sun!


                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Express Yourself meme is a weekly jaunt brought to you by Dani at Entertaining Interests and Jackie at Bouquet of Books. At the beginning of the month the girls will post a gadget with a list of topics, something different for each week. Make sure to head on over to either of these blogs to check out the details more fully and see who else is taking part.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





This weeks topic of conversation: What are you looking forward to in August?


Two weeks off work! I can't remember the last time I had two whole weeks off work, and I'm slightly worried that I won't want to go back. I'll be spending some quality time with my daughter during the school summer holidays, and I need to think of some fun and cheap activities to keep us both occupied. I'm hoping the weather will be nice so we can go to the beach!

Any ideas for keeping a five year old amused would be greatly welcomed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. No ideas for keeping your little princess amused but I hope you enjoy your two weeks off!.... I know, I'm no help lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll think of something to do with our time, I'm just looking forward to being away from work. I don't think I'll want to go back!

      Delete
  2. Woot for two weeks off!
    Love the beach idea. Other ideas I can think of would be nature walks. My youngest loves those. We take missions to find things, whether it be feathers or heart shaped rocks, etc.
    Picnics are fun, too! Have a nice time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot indeed! Nature walks are a good idea, we have loads within a sensible driving distance actually. Perhaps I'll take this opportunity to actually enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Does your daughter like animals? The zoo might be fun, or if she likes swimming and water parks, that's another idea. If she has hobbies, maybe you could do them together. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips Deanie. So far we've done some swimming and crazy golf. There is a zoo quite close to us so we'll perhaps go there if the weather is good. It would be better if things weren't so expensive!

      Delete