Pages

Friday 26 July 2013

It's Friday, which means only one thing ...


                   *****************************************

This post is part of the 'Celebrate the Small Things' blog hop hosted by VikLit, and is for celebrating even the smallest of victories during the week. Head on over to her blog to check out more people taking part in this hop, and to sign up yourself too.

                    *****************************************






I'm a bit late with my post today but it's still Friday so I'm alright!


This week I'm celebrating:


  • The birth of Prince George of Cambridge. He really is a beautiful baby, but then he was bound to be with his parents. I'm so pleased for them, and I feel privileged to be able to see this new phase for the Royal family. I will be able to see the beginning of what will be a long era of Kings, when all I've known in my lifetime is a Queen.
  • I've passed my English Literature course! I got my results about an hour ago and so pleased with a pass. It wasn't quite as good as I'd aimed for, but I have a busy life and I think an average of 67% across assignments and exam is very respectable.
  • This weekend my husband and I are celebrating out first wedding anniversary. The last year has just whizzed by hasn't it? The hotel where we were married have given us a complimentary stay with a three course meal and breakfast included, so we get a well deserved break.



Happy weekend to everyone, have a good one whatever you're doing!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara, I can't believe a year has flown by already!

      Delete
  2. Happy First Anniversary and may you have many, many more happy anniversaries to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I sure hope we do have plenty to look forward to.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary...:) And congrats on passing the course...that's great news. Perfect time to celebrate this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so relieved to have my course results. Now I can look forward to the next one.

      Delete
  4. Yay for passing your course. And of course it's a big yay for Baby Prince. That was an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite nice to see a new era of the Royal family coming into the world. I was only two months old the last time, but I'll remember this one.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your wedding anniversary and on passing the course! And Baby George bless him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vik, we had a lovely, relaxing weekend.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on passing and on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, I'm chuffed with the pass. I hate results time, I want to look but have to do it between my fingers and I'm scared of what I'll see. So daft!

      Delete
  7. Happy Lit course passing and congratulations on your anniversary. (Or should that be the other way around?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congratulations, whichever way around!

      Delete
  8. Awww congratulations on your first wedding anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SK, it really has just whizzed by. I'm sure the next one will too.

      Delete