Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes! - Express Yourself

   
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Express Yourself meme is a weekly jaunt brought to you by Dani at Entertaining Interests and Jackie at Bouquet of Books. At the beginning of the month the girls will post a gadget with a list of topics, something different for each week. Make sure to head on over to either of these blogs to check out the details more fully and see who else is taking part.      
                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




 This weeks topic of conversation: Is there anything you'd like to change, or work on, about yourself this year?


I would really like to work on my confidence this year, particularly when it comes to my writing. I've had a good start this year with my blogging and freewriting each day, and I've been getting some positive support from friends that have now started reading some of my stuff.

I spend too much of my time feeling unhappy and a little depressed, and I'm pretty sure I know the cause; I'm just not doing what I truly want to do with my life. Now I know what I want to be doing I can make more efforts towards it, so by the end of the year I would like to have made some significant progress towards it.

I've just got to maintain my positive thinking!

How about you? Is there anything you want to work on about yourself this year?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13 comments:

  1. Knowing what you want is the key to better direction. The problem is, we don't always know what we want ;)

    I want to spend more time writing and reading this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of life's great challenges, finding exactly what you want!

      Good luck with your reading and writing.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Chris. I'm glad you enjoy my blog, and hope my future posts are equally as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals, Heather :)

    I'd like to be more of a "yes-man" this year - say yes to things more, so opportunities don't pass me by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your goal Jamie, just make sure you don't say yes to too many things ...

      Delete
  4. My main goal is rather boring in that it is to lose weight. I am using the 52 diet and so far so good. Sometimes it is hard to change due to circumstances. I would love to travel more or start a relationship but I am my disabled mother's full time carer and I am also a full time single parent. So, I am striving at achievable goals such as losing weight, finishing my book, working hard improving my book review skills and completing my degree. Good luck achieving your own goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher. It can be hard to juggle all of our normal life duties, but establishing gentle manageable goals is good. Otherwise there's always the danger of over doing it.
      Good luck with your weight loss, and your other goals!

      Delete
  5. Knowing what we want is the first step. I, too, have to make a bigger effort toward my goals and what I want. Best of luck, I know you will do it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SK, good luck to you too with working out what you want. I think that's probably one of the ultimate goals in life ...

      Delete
  6. Hold tight to that positive attitude. Have Faith. Keep Your Spirits high. And then You'll Fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathrina for your encouragement, and for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your confidence building! Self belief is so important.

    I'm in a thought re-wiring process myself. I'm determined to shape happier, healthier thoughts this year, even and especially through the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie, and good luck for this year. I'm sure we'll both do well with some positive thinking.

      Delete