Pages

Monday 27 April 2015

Value what you're doing #AtoZChallenge

This post is part of the A-Z Blogging Challenge 2015. If this is something new to you, check out the website here to find out all you need to know.

My topics this year are covering studying and/or writing advice and guidance, to maybe help you as you cope with everything else in life.


 

Value what you're doing

If you have little or no interest in what you're doing, the chances are what you produce isn't going to be of particularly good quality. When your heart isn't in it, whatever the task, you aren't bothered about what the results will be.

That's why it's so important to have value in what you're doing, to know that you really want it, and that it's what you're supposed to be doing. The reasons for doing it don't wholly matter, and I'll be talking about that for W. What matters is that it feels worth it to you, and that in itself makes it a worthy pursuit.

I love writing, and it's taken a good few years to come to this conclusion. When I'm writing it provides an escape, and my mind feels at peace. This is something that I've long sought for and believed it to be impossible, but now I've found what can bring me to that mindset I need to pursue it as much and as often as I can.

Studying has the same effect. When I began distance learning it was to further my career, but now I do it for the pleasure. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I carried on learning some subject or other for a good portion of the rest of my life.

It doesn't matter what the value is to you, but it's important that some value is there, otherwise you'd need to question if it's really something you want to be doing. Once you establish that value, then there are no limits for how far you can go with it.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. That's really great advice. I live and breathe writing, so I think I'm okay. But I still read/hear of people who are writing just for the quick bucks... Hahahaha, if only they really knew!

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete