Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Ground yourself #AtoZChallenge

This post is part of the A-Z Blogging Challenge 2015. If this is something new to you, check out the website here to find out all you need to know.

My topics this year are covering studying and/or writing advice and guidance, to maybe help you as you cope with everything else in life.


Ground Yourself


I have a dream. In fact I have a lot of dreams, but one of the main ones is to be a published writer and earn enough money so that I can give up the regular day job. I don't want millions (although I wouldn't turn it down!), just enough to maintain how I'm living now and be able to spend quality time with my children and not feel so tired.

It's good to have dreams, they give us something to aim for and justify all the hard work we need to put in. But don't spend so much time thinking about your dreams that you forget to do the actual work to achieve them.

Many a day I've spent in my future life, going about my days in the way I want to. But I need to remember to focus on today, and what's happening in this, my actual life. You need to keep yourself grounded enough in the now, to have the discipline to achieve all that we need to in order to get to that future life.

So keep going with the hard work, and one day it'll pay off the way you want it to.

 

2 comments:

  1. That's one of my dreams too, but I don't see it happening in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we keep plugging away at it Laura, the possibility will always be there.

      Delete