Pages

Friday 17 April 2015

Now is the time to start #AtoZChallenge

This post is part of the A-Z Blogging Challenge 2015. If this is something new to you, check out the website here to find out all you need to know.

My topics this year are covering studying and/or writing advice and guidance, to maybe help you as you cope with everything else in life.

 


Now is the time to start


I used to be the kind of person that had to wait for that 'perfect moment' before I could start doing something. I needed to wait until I'm a bit less busy, or a bit less tired, or when I've done all my housework, or when I've done this and that and the other. The list really could be endless.

But as I've got older, I realise there is never a good or perfect time to do anything. If you want to do something, you just have to dig in and do it, and fit it in as best you can. If I had waited for those moments I probably wouldn't have my children, or be married or have achieved anything at all

Writing and studying are the same. If you have the drive and passion to believe in what you're doing, then you can fit it in almost anywhere. A few minutes reading or plotting while cooking the dinner, a precious 10 minutes waiting for the children to come out of school.

If you actually worked out how much waiting time you have in the day, it's quite a lot, and you'll be amazed how productive you can be in such short snatches of time. 

One of my favourtie film quotes is 'If something's important, you make the time.' 

So stop putting off whatever you want to do because of X excuse. Put that aside and get out your notebook and pen. Get yourself started and the rest will just follow.


4 comments:

  1. Good advice. It is so gratifying when you just buckle down and DO something. That would be me and the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bertie. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. This is very true. I often find that those things I keep putting off turn out to be quite fun once I get started on them as well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You just have to get on with it, getting started is often the hardest bit.

      Delete