Pages

Monday 20 April 2015

Organisation #AtoZChallenge

This post is part of the A-Z Blogging Challenge 2015. If this is something new to you, check out the website here to find out all you need to know.

My topics this year are covering studying and/or writing advice and guidance, to maybe help you as you cope with everything else in life.


 

Organisation

For studying and writing, a certain level of organisation is always beneficial. I'm not necessarily talking about the planning of work in your diary and working to deadlines, but more the ordering and filing of different aspects of your work.

When I first started out with my writing, I'd jot down various ideas on scraps of paper, or in one of my many, many notebooks I can't help but purchase. This wasn't particularly useful of course, it would take me ages to find anything again.

I've since adopted a much better filing system, putting ideas, first drafts, edits etc. all together in one folder, so I can sort through things more easily. It's particularly useful to keep all my idea notes in one place, then if I feel stuck I can sift through them to find something to work on.

I've done this electronically too, with the installation of Dropbox. This also means I can save things wherever I have my ideas and they all end up in the same place. 

It can be a long time between writing things down and coming back to them later, so it helps to keep them easily accessible. Since having children my memory is pretty shot, so I need anything I can get to help with these things!


No comments:

Post a Comment