Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

Blogging

OK, so I realise that having a post about blogging is kind of cheating but my blog is about my writing life, which is what my challenge is about.  And it begins with B.

I haven't really been blogging all that long, and I'm still getting into the habit of posting more regularly.  That's the reason I took on this challenge really. 
I often have the worry that no-one is actually interested, or reads anything I post, but that's not my main motivation.  As my blog is about my writing journey it is very useful for me as a reflective tool, to get my thoughts and concerns out of my head where I can see them and make more sense of them.  It's excellent for tracking my own progress and seeing if I'm going in the right direction.

Of course any feedback on my blog would be very much appreciated, both positive and negative.  Do let me know how I'm doing and where I could improve.

Eventually I will start posting stories that I've written for your consumption, that's going to be my next big step in building my confidence.  I'll let you know when to expect the first!

9 comments:

  1. Starting a blog is the hardest part. (and actually using it). The amazing thing is,no matter what you say, someone somewhere needs to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read some of your stories! I don't think it's cheating to use blogging as your B word, especially since you came up with such a great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to worry too if anyone would read my posts, then I realized it (worrying) took the fun out of blogging. So I began blogging for fun and personal fulfillment. Feels really good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think this is cheating at all.

    The first thing that came to mind that you might be missing is a link to you on other sites, such as Twitter, Facebook and the like. If you need any help, you can contact me via Twitter. @MasqCrew

    Here's my email in case you aren't on Twitter: msl_007 AT live DOT com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had numerous other blogs - but finally actually started radwrites.blogspot.com - and that settled it. I wanted to be known as a writer - and I wanted to be held accountable for writing on a regular basis.

    Honestly? The blog has helped my writing ten fold, because I write much more regularly now that I have a blog to keep up with and keep me motivated. Good luck getting started :) This challenge is a great introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just think, the great writing material you have with your job in a laboratory! I worked in a research lab and thinking back, with scientists from all over the world, there were stories everywhere. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you, I took this challenge to encourage myself to start posting more frequently. So far, so good. :) Good luck with the blogging and with your writing -- will check back again to say hi and see how you're making out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you to everyone who has commented, it's a massive boost to know so many have been reading and have taken the time to leave a message.
    Many thanks for the advice too!

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete