Pages

Sunday 22 April 2012

Saturday? Sunday? Still here!!!

Well I'm only one day late with this one, yay me!  To be honest I'm surprised and pleased with myself for even getting this far.  Usually with a challenge like this I've given up after about a week.  I must be growing as a writer.

I'm becoming much more comfortable with thinking of myself as a writer now, which I think can be half the battle.  If you don't think you're a writer then you're holding yourself back right from the start. 
I feel happy writing stories that I know that I'd like to read myself and I'm not worrying too much about the end product being sold for huge amounts of cash.  If someone else likes it that's fine with me.  I think I may have mentioned this in a previous post and may be at risk of repeating myself a little bit, but it's the truth.

I don't know about you guys but it's not enough for me to actually just think about a 'thing', to really believe in it, to make it real, I find it useful to voice it to others and pass on these thoughts.  There aren't many people I actually talk to in person about my writing ambitions (in fact there's only one and you know who you are ;-)) and so I'm finding this blog truly invaluable for getting this stuff out to people who (hopefully) understand where I'm coming from.

So I thank all of you for bearing with my ramblings and offering support.  It means a lot and I hope I can return the same.  Happy blogging!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job keeping up with the challenge! I haven't even mentioned my writing ambitions on my blog yet, never mind actually starting writing, so you're way ahead of me! :)

    ReplyDelete