Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Ideas, ideas, everywhere ...

I have so many ideas for possible stories that come to me at the oddest of moments.  A lot of the time they come when I'm really not in any position to make a note of it, such as driving around a roundabout or walking back from town trying to keep my little one away from the road.
The ideas come to me and I try for dear life to hold onto them, hoping they'll stick long enough for me to make it home.
Up until now I've never really been one for carrying a notebook around with me, I tried it once but never used it.  I'm thinking now though that I really need to get one.  Even a brief thought or sentence about whatever it is, just so that it isn't forgotten forever.  That'll free up more space for even more ideas too!

I have already got a few ideas jotted down, and I used to wonder if they really could be turned into anything substantial.  Of course, they aren't just going to spontaneously transform themselves into a magnificent piece of prose; it takes time, mulling it over, expanding ideas and avenues.  That's the beautiful part of writing.  Just letting your mind wander to wherever it wants to go, and hoping you can get everything down before it disappears.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! I love that part of writing.

    Nice to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying the Challenge!

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy it sounds as though we're alike. If you want to see all the things that inspire me, please see my post. Your blog is great.

    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (about #802 on A to Z list).

    ReplyDelete