What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow . It's a brilliant way to tell the bloggy world what you're up to, in both reading and writing and anything else that's going on for you.
It's broken down into four headings:
1. What I'm reading
2. What I'm writing
3. What else I've been up to
4. What inspires me right now
What are you waiting for? Head on over to join in!
What I'm reading:
Still on A Game of Thrones ...
What I'm writing:
Ready, Set, Write! goals, week 3:
- Finish and do revisions for short story competition in July. Possibly submit, eek!
2. Keep up with my 800 word a day target for my Camp NaNo project.
I have done some work on my NaNo project, I'm currently at about 3500. At this point though I should be over 6000, but there's plenty of time to catch up. *she says, buzzing with optimism*
3. Write and post something again for the Writer Wednesday Blog Hop.
This is the only thing I managed to achieve with my writing goals this week. To check out my latest story head over here.
4. Continue with 30mins free writing every day.
After quite a good week of free writing, I'm ashamed to say I haven't done a single session of it this week. Although I've been busy I thought it would be easier to find just a half an hour a day. All I can say is, must do better.
Goals for week 4:
- Submit story for short story competition in July.
- Get caught up with my Camp NaNo word count.
- Write and post something again for the Writer Wednesday Blog Hop.
- Continue with 30mins free writing every day.
What else I've been up to:
I've downloaded and will be trialling the Scrivener software this week. I've heard different things about it, but haven't had much inclination towards it until now.
I'm hoping to use it to organise my projects, large and small, so I can keep track of them all simultaneously. Ideally I could do with some kind of project management software for tracking too, but my searches for one haven't proved fruitful as yet.
What inspires me right now:
Right now I'm inspired by Laura, author of My Baffling Brain. She has been doing Camp NaNoWriMo too and has reached over 6000 words already. It makes my 3000 words look pretty lame, but reading her update has spurred me on to catch up with mine and more. I want my graph to be over the target line like hers is.
Thanks Laura for spurring me on before I get too far behind!